I’ve learned some valuable new things recently; do you want to hear about them? You can’t wait, can you?🙂
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin.
1) Apparently, it’s better for you to eat different sorts of berries together than separately. An article in the paper this week said scientists had found that each fruit’s antioxidant properties were enhanced when eaten with another sort… all the more reason to be eating my current favourite breakfast then:
2) Lindsay posted a link to an article about gluten damage on Facebook today and reading it, I saw that coffee is apparently very bad for anyone with coeliac or gluten intolerance or sensitivity – apparently, it can cause as much damage as gluten does! More research needed, I feel but if I had to give up the copious vats of coffee I get through… not good.
3) Either my feet or Reebok trainers are very weirdly sized. As my Skechers aren’t really for sport, I bought a bargain pair of Reeboks at the outlet centre a while ago. They were size 6 and when I got home, I realised they were too big. I swapped them for a pair of 5s in another style, which felt fine in the shop – and much too small when I got home. I went back again and was pleased to find a pair of 5.5s in a third style – again, too small. I’d almost lost the will to live by the time I found these:
Also 5.5s – but they seem to fit. Although I haven’t dared leave the house in them yet… just in case.
4) If you’re going to Wairose, wait till gone 6pm for some fresh food bargains. The other day, I got two packets of megrim (white fish) reduced from £3+ and £2+ to 70p and 56p respectively… always a bonus!
I cooked the fish, wrapped in foil with a couple of lemon slices, mixed it with some mashed potato and seasoning, formed into cakes and sauted.
Frozen that evening, quick, bargain dinners for the future.
5) Summer is the best season ever invented:
Words cannot express how beautiful it’s been this week, how much I love it – and of course, I’ve learned how good one of these is, drunk outside on a beautiful warm evening:
Having said that, I have to confess I may have found that last one out previously. Still, a lesson reinforced is still a lesson worth learning🙂
Have you been enjoying some beautiful summer weather – at last?!