I never fail to appreciate just how good weekends are 🙂
Actually having enough sleep, being able to ride without rushing, doing the housework… ok maybe not the last one… I also love not having to make breakfast and lunch the night before but being able to make something proper in the morning.
Today it was an omelette. I’d had the idea of a banana omelette in my head for ages so, as soon as I got the chance, I got stuck in:
With banana and almond butter inside, on a piece of GF toast with strawberry jam. Amazing.
Moving on…. thank you so much to Sarah for nominating me for this award! I’m really flattered 🙂
So here are the seven things about me…
1. I get hiccups every day. Every single day. And as soon as someone says “you’ve got hiccups” (or “shut up” if it’s one of my colleagues!) they stop. True.
2. I’ve got a real thing for men with Irish accents. When I was in Dublin for my birthday a couple of years ago, I felt like a child let loose in a sweet shop 😉
3. Three of my top feel-good songs are Semi-charmed Life by Third Eye Blind, Better Day by Ocean Colour Scene and Local Boy in the Photograph by the Stereophonics.
4. I do some major sleepwalking/talking. Not many people are capable of concussing themselves in their sleep 🙂
5. When I was seven, I was on the front of the Observer. It was just after Christmas (which, as I now know, is the slowest news week ever!) and I was taking part in this chess competition in London. I won the first game and some smart-arse photographer decided to take pictures of the hideous small child, in a hideous hand-knitted snowflake jumper, and plaster four of them on the front of a Sunday paper. With captions like “young queen of the castle squares up to a challenge”. It’s quite funny now but then – when they put it up at school – oh, the shame! I lost all the other games too 🙂
6. I’m really scared of ghosts. Sad but true!
7. If I’d bought shares in the Heinz tomato ketchup company a few years ago, I’d be writing this from my holiday home in Barbados, pausing briefly to sip some Moet, then climbing into my private jet for a day trip to Australia…
I’m not sure how many people I have to nominate but I’m going to go for Fiona, Mary, Lisa and Gabriela. I was also going to add Maria, Emma, Laura and Jemma – but when I went to Jemma’s blog, I saw she’d already been nominated – and nominated the other three! Great minds obviously think alike… have a lovely weekend 🙂